"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Wednesday, January 26, 2011

American Idol and The Rite...the two great opposing forces

I've been watching American Idol off and on since it started. I always did like to watch the rehearsals.  I must say I miss Simon terribly. The show is a complete drag without him, and there aren't enough crazies trying out to keep my interest. I don't care about the people who can actually sing. I want to see the weirdos in the chicken suits with major temper tantrums.  I want to see some camera shoving!! On the plus side, Randy did accidentally sucker punch some girl in the face when he was giving high fives to a crowd of contestants.  Go, dawg!
I cannot wait to see the movie The Rite. I have always been fascinated by exorcisms.  I love the struggle between good and evil, especially when it dwells within the church.  I'm not a highly religious person myself, but I appreciate it in others, and have a supreme fascination with the power of faith.  I think it would be quite an amazing opportunity to study ancient languages and religion.  I'm a student to the core of my bones!
Evil dwells all around us. And although I was greatly surprised to read that exorcists are still being used today, I must say I found it strangely comforting.  As for the movie, The Rite, who else would you hire but the great Sir Anthony Hopkins as the leading role?
Sir Anthony Hopkins is indeed possessed...by awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS! I love to read your posts....so glad you are writing!

    ReplyDelete