One thing I think I will never understand is the human devotion to rude, uncalled for cruelty and rudeness. It's like a disease that spreads. There seem to be little of us who actually employ the act of human compassion. Like today, I had to endure getting yelled at by a furious guy over the phone, just because he didn't want to be bothered to leave a voice mail for a professor he had to talk to. He was simply infuriated that I only had access to that professor's transfer number and email. This guy flaunted his title of mayor, and went on and on about how he didn't want to leave a message. He wanted to talk to the professor IN PERSON. Seeing as how I did not have access to the professor's schedule or cell phone number, he threw quite a tizzy, and, before rudely hanging up on me, stated that he was holding me responsible for his not being able to get hold of the professor in question. Wow. What a jerk. I was relieved to get on the road, away from everyone...people in cars didn't count, though perhaps they should.
You know what else I can't stand? People who find the need to correct you over EVERY LITTLE THING, more specifically, typos or misused words in emails. Good lord.
So let's try to do one another a favor and exercise a bit of human compassion. You never know what the person next to you is going through...
No comments:
Post a Comment