"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Tuesday, December 7, 2010

O Christmas Tree!

I had great fun for the first hour at work today, because I got to decorate a Christmas tree out in the hallway.  We had quite the issue of finding lights that worked, and the department had some really gross looking, old fashioned, bulbs that had to be hung with sharp wire.  But I had fun with tinsel (most of it ended up on my pants!).  Some other girl had already decorated one tree down the way, so I was determined to make mine look masterly! It was difficult, given the supplies. I was decorating the tree for a woman in the dean's office, a woman who I'd only met once before. She was the one who let me in after my hour and a half lock out experience.  She seemed like a very sad, unhappy sort of person.  There sure are a lot out there. 
For the rest of my shift, I listened to the public radio station interviewing two Pearl Harbor survivors. That was quite interesting. One of them actually had a bomb land really close to him! He was lucky to have survived. 
I'm going to go munch on some frozen pepper steak and rice (delicacy Chinese frozen meal).  Should be gross.  Lookin' forward to it.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment