"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 AM and I'm still awake...no, I'm not quoting THAT song

So I just finished printing three copies of my 92-page thesis off for my committee members, who apparently cannot seem to possess the ability to agree on a time for my thesis defense, or, ya know, compromise.  Oh my God, I have never been through so much rigmarole in my life.  I have a feeling they all want to kill me for filling their inboxes with messages, but GOOD GOD, nothing seems to work out with any of their schedules.  I have until Wednesday of next week to complete my defense. I've been trying to get this together for a week now, emailing BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH, BACK AND FORTH, trying to get schedules to work out.  Finally, TODAY a day seemed to work out for everyone, but alas, I just got an email stating that no, this won't work after all for one of them, not ideally anyway.  Can we try the time we originally planned with on the very first email? I'm in ripping hair out mode.  I'm sure the departmental secretary feels the same way in regards to me.  I have emailed that poor woman six times this week, changing reservation times.  I'm about to go mental.  I'm considering whether to even go to bed or not. I want to be up to go to breakfast with a friend this morning, but that's only like 5 hours away...hmm.  Not sure I can even sleep anyway.  I'm so WORRIED right now. I don't know what I'm doing.  Really.  I don't even really know what I'm supposed to do for an hour at a thesis defense.  Can you imagine me orally defending something for an hour? Not me.  I can barely say a sentence with coherence.  Having a Philosophy professor on my team isn't exactly reassuring either.  I'll just call him Big Word Wally.
On the plus side, the apartment building is starting to smell a bit less like sewage this morning...GO TEAM!

2 comments:

  1. I don't envy you right now duders! lol You sound like your having a horrible time. But hang in there you'll get through it and will laugh about this one day :) If it makes you feel any better my life isn't getting much better either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Meg, Big Word Wally! It's a testament to you that even through all your troubles you can still see the humor!!!

    ReplyDelete