"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A pretty day

Yes, folks, today is a pretty day.  The sun is shining, it feels like it's 70 degrees outside, and I just saw a butterfly. Yes, that's right, A BUTTERFLY...in November.  A teacher of mine held class outside yesterday because it was so hot in the building. Insane weather! I love it!  Today at my thesis workshop, the windows were wide open, and the sun was shining in through them. It was glorious.
Round one of two is done. I attended my thesis workshop and got suggestions for editing my thesis. Wow. I have quite a lot to do, and I'm not sure how to go about fixing certain things.  It's hard because some things I don't really want to change, but...I suppose I should leave it up to the experts. My defense is coming up soon! Major panic problem there. You see, I can't speak.  It's true.
Major point for human compassion today though.  A super nice lady called me at work this morning, and instead of yelling at me like I predicted because I didn't have access to a professor's schedule, she was really nice. That helped, considering I was freaking out about...yes, that's right...freaking out about listening to editing suggestions from two professors.  Isn't that lame? Well, one of them didn't show up, so I got off lucky, and suggestions are fantastic!! They're very helpful! So why the nerves? I'm lame.  But it's over now. Now it's time to prepare for the thing I actually should be very nervous about: the defense.  Two weeks from now and it will be here.  Yikes!  And then what? Nothing.  Nothingness. 
I was super psyched that America got to see the finale of Sherlock last weekend at last. AMAZING! I can't rave enough about that show.  That guy who plays Moriarty (Andrew Scott) just gives me the creeps. Wow. I get goosebumps every time I see that guy.  (Shudder).  Quite the cliffhanger, eh?  Oblivion.
Speaking of nothingness, this blog is a bunch of nothingness, so I'm going to stop writing.

1 comment: