"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Monday, November 15, 2010

Just breathe...

Yes, I've been having one of those insanely annoying, frustrating, trying days.  So I've spent the last week trying to work out a time between my professors for my thesis defense.  It HAS to be completed by next week.  One of them would not reply to any of my emails, while the other two had conflicting schedules.  Today, when I finally got the one to actually ANSWER my fifth email to him, I discovered there was finally a time that would work for all three. This was a huge relief, because trying to get three different professors' schedules to coincide in a free hour is like trying to rip a squirrel from a determined dog's mouth (There's no need to thank me for the visual).You can imagine how infuriated I was when I tried to reserve the conference room for that time only to be told it was already reserved for another meeting!!!! *********************************************************************@@#$#$#@!  (Fill in the blanks to your heart's content).  Of course, the hour I requested was the only hour the room was occupied that day. Of course. How ironic. 
So it's back to square one, trying to find another time slot during the three days I have next week available to work with. 
To blow off steam, I went to get groceries.  Going to Wal-Mart in rage is generally not recommended.  I spent a much longer time in the store than usual, glowering at various items on the shelf for a considerable amount of time.  After various food items were subjected to my wrath, I went to Stage 2 of my fury process and cried all the way through the Christmas department.  Fear of becoming too much of a cliche led me sprinting from the isle and out of the store, but not before trying to get change for a dollar at the quarter machine.  Of course, it was out of order, so I'll just have to get a *@*@#$# ticket on Wednesday I suppose at the useless, frequently jammed parking meters.  Can't I get free parking for being a crazy person in therapy?
Punch Mumford.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about crying in walmart I feel the need to cry in that place on a daily (nightly) basis. Walmart is evil duders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel, duders. When I worked at ALCO, it was my worst nightmare, and I'll never get over that experience. I still have nightmares about it. Hang in there!
    I'm about ready to rip a few people's throats out. Want to join me?

    ReplyDelete