October is a particularly hard month for me. It has now been two years since Pepper died in October of 2008, even though it feels much longer. She is constantly in my thoughts, and a part of me still hasn't accepted that she's gone. I keep waiting for her to show up. I just can't face the fact that I will never see her again, so my brain pretends otherwise. She was like a child to me, so it's particularly hard to move on. Losing her took a huge chunk of my heart, where it lies in the cold ground buried with her. When I come home, I still expect her to come running, but she never does.
I am so lucky to have had her, the luckiest person alive. We had such great moments together, and she made my life twinkle so much brighter. She is my little star, my buppy (combination of baby and puppy). She lived a full, happy life. For that I am eternally grateful. I hope she is young again, tumor free, and running with Ginger. If there's one thing I do have hope for, it is that.

You are lucky you formed that bond with your puppy! She was a very special dog and we all loved her very much! She was like a person and seemed to understand what you were feeling. That is what is so incredibly wonderful about dogs and the bond we form. They are precious little gifts from God to help us get through this roller coaster life!!
ReplyDelete