"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Friday, November 19, 2010

Houston, we have a date!

So as of 9:00 this morning, I have finally gotten a time arranged for my thesis defense.  It only took, ya know, over a week to try to get everyone's schedules sorted.  What a nightmare.  Having said that, my defense is on Monday.  Am I ready for it? Absolutely not.  My stomach is extremely sick with the idea.  But I don't want to talk about it. There's a part of me that wishes to keep this fear, however, because once I'm done worrying about this, my mind will actually have to start to realize/accept that I'm facing graduation.  I can't bear to accept that at the moment, and my brain has been protecting me from that thought by focusing on the terror of my defense. 
I'm looking forward to seeing the new Harry Potter film.  Granted, it has been years since the last one was out, so my interest has faded considerably, but still...once you go Potter, there's no going back I suppose.  Part of me is glad they've split the last film into two movies, but the other part is me is like, "Seriously? How long can you drag this out?" Those kids are old now!  Good lord.  Then again, had they just done one movie, people would have been complaining about how much stuff was cut or sacrificed to fit into the 2 1/2 hour time frame.  Who am I kidding? People will complain about that anyway!  But I look forward to seeing my favorite characters in action once more.  My ultimate favorites are Lupin, Dumbledore, Snape, and Sirius.  Seeing as how two of them are already dead rather sucks, but hey...
The sewage smell continues to reign in my apartment building, and will not vacate my apartment, despite the pounds of Febreeze I have sprayed.  The mixture isn't exactly appealing...
Hmm. This is a rather boring blog.  I need to opt out. Smell ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment