"Every Day Above Ground is a Good One."




Sunday, November 14, 2010

Art

Ever wonder why some weird items you see on a day to day basis are labeled as being "art"?  Ever wander through an art gallery and think, "What the f was this person thinking?" or "What in the hell is this?"  or "Puhleassse, I could do that."  I'm not a huge art buff, so I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation as to why some things are labeled art, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy those explanations regardless.  I recall seeing a fighting ring displayed in an art gallery several years ago, surrounded by trolls, those plastic army guys, and care bears.  In the ring were two gigantic trolls duking it out.  Art? Apparently. 
Do you think if I put a barbie doll's head on a squirrel's body I could be an instant millionaire? Could I be labeled as an artist? 
And for the record, no, I do not consider the 14 inches of snow we received yesterday to be a work of art.   Is a piece of pumpkin pie? Absolutely.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly duders!! People just draw a squiggle and call it art.lol I hate this effing weather duders it sucks ass! I dream of hot days sitting on nice sandy beachs drinking beverages with those little umbrellas in them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, duders!! I'm lucky to heading back to Vermillion where there isn't any snow and warmer weather!
    Hot days on a nice sandy beach...god, you're making me drool. Haha.

    ReplyDelete